p8_Autoscopy


Inner Feelings and Outward Reflections


It's easy for the world to look at you and pass judgment. It all starts at "Face" value. It's a much harder thing to define how we see ourselves. Sometimes it's hard to put it all into words. Then there's the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words"... "Inner Feelings and Outward Reflections" is about how I see myself. More specifically, it's a reflection on the last twenty years of my life. There's always been so much I wanted to say, but had to filter out. There are so many places that I had to be all at once. There's so many places across the Nation that I have seen. It's hard to see our Nation sometimes, because it's just so diverse. When people ask me what I think of myself, or of the Nation, I wish I was able to show them more than one thing at a time. Each element is insignificant by itself, but finds it's identity and meaning when placed with the other elements around it. 

To create my piece, I used Adobe illustrator, stock footage provided by Professor Roundtree, and stock footage from google images. The original photos of me were taken while in 2012 while I was stationed in New Orleans as the Enlisted Conductor for Marine Corps Band New Orleans. A few of my duties at the time included Conducting the Wind Ensemble & Ceremonial Band, and rehearsing and performing in the New Orleans style Brass Band. In 2012, 30 members of our band spent 7 weeks supporting the War of 1812 Commemoration Events and the Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. In 7 weeks, we appeared in more than 134 performances. We traveled by Bus, Van, and Naval Vessel (U.S.S. DeWert). Over my 20 year military career, I had many adventures with stories to tell. This is just one of them...



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A10_Meme - UPDATED!

Personal Logo (P3, color logo)

P12_Annimation / Rotoscope / Audio